Say a happy hello to Birdsong Yellow. A chinoiserie bird rug that has the colour of happiness and contentment in abundance – a ray of sunshine for your floor.
Influenced by the grace of Japanese culture, Birdsong offers understated luxury, combined with exotic birdlife. The array of colourful details includes more than a parakeet or two and stunning flowers: magnolias, orchids and chrysanthemums. With no beige in sight the vibrant pops of pink and enlivening green bring nature to your home in all its glory.
Hannah has brought together some rather beautiful pieces in our latest mood board, with each piece taking inspiration from our Birdsong Yellow.
'Create an uplifting atmosphere with yellow – the colour of happiness, optimism and joy. Associated with sunshine and energy, it stimulates mental activity and muscle energy.'Wendy
1. Long Shantung Chinoiserie Blue Sofa With Fleur De Lis Embroidery, available on Chairish
A bright blue vintage chinoiserie inspired sofa couch. The perfect addition to any room that will provide a great deal of extra seating. In a bright bold blue fabric that feels like shantung silk.
2. Tarn London Early 19th Century Bergére cane library chair, available at Tarn London
Absolutely stunning 19th Century Bergére cane library chair freshly reupholstered in the very iconic Soane emerald scrolling fern, stone linen fabric.
3. Salmon Rose Silk Tiffany Lampshade, available at Beauvamp
Made to order, dupion silk lampshade in Salmon Rose.
Hand stitched and pleated around a bespoke bronze frame with aspecially commissioned multi tonal fringing in gold.
4. Georgian Stool with Crossover Nailing, available at David Seyfried
Beautiful Georgian stool in a luxurious emerald green fabric.
5. Wave Bench, Available at David Seyfriend
Scalloped edged bench, perfectly upholstered in a wave stripe fabric.
6. Kingsley Bar Cabinet, Grey Norway Marble, available at Soho Home
Soho Home's Kingsley bar cabinet is a stand-out piece for any home. Referencing the bar at their Nashville House, the Kingsley cabinet is crafted from oak with a honed 'Norway' sealed marble top in grey, and edge detailing.
7. Sofia Footstool, Moleskin Velvet, available at Soho Home
Inspired by the footstools found in their club spaces and bedrooms at Soho House Barcelona and Kettner's in Soho, their compact Sofia footstool makes ideal extra seating for unexpected guests.
8. Tynell Model 9602 Floor Lamp with Wicker Shade, available at Chairish
Paavo Tynell model 9602 floor lamp with wicker shade. Originally designed by Paavo Tynell in 1935, this authorized GUBI re-edition is executed in brass, rattan and a willow wicker shade with brass finial.
9. Pi-Piroca Curry Flower Shoes, available at Chie Mihara
These exceptionally fun shoes by Chie Mihara feature a geometric pattern, metallic strap and of course the yellow floral centre piece. Just dreamy!
10. Flower Club, available at Uncut Stems
Born from a desire for a more creative, sustainable and educational flower subscription that champions real flowers, Uncut Stems take you on a journey through the British growing season from spring blossoms to Christmas wreaths.
11. Woven Rattan Side Table – Natural, available at Birdie Fortescue
Birdie Fortescue's Woven Rattan Side Tables are incredibly versatile and can be used as bedside tables, occasional tables or side tables. Their clean lines and rustic texture make them easy to place in any interior and the natural or painted finishes add to their adaptability.
12. Checked Rectangular Woven Tray – Blue, available at Birdie Fortescue
These stylish trays have been made by artisans in Nagaland from woven bamboo and cane. The fibres have been coloured with natural dyes in tones to coordinate with our summer Loire collection. The bold checked design is perfect for almost any interior.
13. Anna + Nina Piped Glass Candle Holder, available at Liberty London
With its undulating spherical form, this elegant candle holder is the perfect accessory to burn a long, flickering taper. Characterised by a sense of wonder and whimsy which stems from the designers’ global travels, the ribbed green glass is finished with subtly contrasting orange edging.
14. Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Ginger Jar With Flowers & Flying Birds, available at Chairish
This gorgeous large blue and white porcelain jar is adorned with beautifully hand painted peonies, red plum and lovely flying birds.
15. Ruffle Edge Bud Vase - Sky Blue, available at Style Your Spaces
A beautiful glass bud vase with a coloured, ruffled edge.
16. Fondant Snazzy Turban, available at Julia Clancey
The icing on the cake with this glam reversible turban. wear it full gold glitz or with the soft fondant pink velour.
17. Lila Polline Silk Satin Pyjama Set, available at Olivia von Halle
The enchantment of their signature silk coupled with this decadent floral makes for the most entrancing Lila set to date
18. Arc en Ciel Crewel Embroidery Wool & Viscose Cushion
Wendy’s love of and need for colour shine through in this vibrant design, which is bright, beautiful and tells a joyful story of hope. Designed during lockdown, the crewel embroidery cushion is brimming with hope, positivity and optimism.